Monday, April 29, 2013

A Song of Ice and Fire 1: A Game of Thrones Book Review



This is the most tightly plotted book in the series, I think. I can easily see how after finishing this book Martin would have thought this was going to be a trilogy. This one does not leave you with cliffhanger endings like A Storm of Swords, but you do want to know what happens next. I feel like this next book is where the book and story will begin to pick up steam, although many people say that nothing happens until the end of this book. They say the same of A Feast For Crows, but I’ll comment on those when I get to them. It’s going to be cool because I barely remember A Clash of Kings, and this is the book where I began missing so much. So rereading this next book will be great. This book takes about 50% to really get moving and get some steam, but this first book is a great beginning to one of the best series of novels in literature, or at least fantasy literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment